Who We Are:
Yuva Mitra is a dynamic non-profit organization with a strong commitment to fostering holistic rural development. Established in 1995, we are registered under various acts, including the Bombay Public Charitable Trust Act, Societies Registration Act, and Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Act. Our journey over the past 28 years has been marked by unwavering dedication to uplifting marginalized communities, emphasizing their active participation in the development process.
Our vision is rooted in a people-centered development approach, prioritizing individuals, especially those from marginalized sections of society. We firmly believe that meaningful engagement in decision-making and action can transform lives more effectively than a conventional welfare-based approach.
Yuva Mitra’s mission is to drive socio-economic development in rural communities, particularly those marginalized. We accomplish this through various initiatives encompassing land-water development, agricultural and related livelihood activities, and education. Throughout our journey, we remain committed to placing people at the forefront of every decision and action we take.
We have set ambitious goals to ensure the socio-economic development of 1 million unique households in India. Over the next 10 years, we aim to empower each household with a minimum income of Rs. 1 Lakh per annum.
Yuva Mitra has left an indelible mark on the landscapes of Maharashtra and Haryana, and we’ve extended our reach through Knowledge Partnerships, Training, Handholding, and Technical Support in 10 other states. Our core interventions primarily focus on four key areas:
Water Resource Development & Management: Our initiatives in this domain have led to the revival of defunct DBI systems and the establishment of Water User Associations, fostering participatory irrigation management.
Livelihood & Lifeskill Development: We create sustainable livelihood opportunities, particularly for landless families, through innovative projects like Goatery-Based Livelihood for Women and the Jalsamruddhi program.
Health & Education: We implement impactful programs such as Arogya Mitra for malnutrition eradication, menstrual hygiene and management, WASH (Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene), and the Barakhadi express program for children’s education.
Institution Building & Agricultural Development: Our commitment extends to building robust institutions, including Water User Associations (WUAs), Farmer Producer Companies/Organizations (FPC/FPOs), Farmers’ clubs, and Joint Liability groups.
- Founded in 1995 with initiatives like Balmitra and Nisarg Mitra, aimed at improving rural children’s skills and protecting biodiversity.
- Revived defunct DBI systems and promoted participatory irrigation management through the formation of Water User Associations.
- Expanded our focus to create livelihood opportunities for landless families through Goatery-Based Livelihood for Women.
- Broadened our scope through the Jalsamruddhi program and water development activities.
- Strong presence in the Health & Education portfolio with initiatives like Arogya Mitra, menstrual hygiene and management, WASH, and the Barakhadi express program.
- Special focus on Nandurbar District with the Lakhpati kisan & Tribal Development Fund projects in collaboration with Shabari Mahamandal and NABARD, nurturing a sustainable ecosystem for tribal communities.
Yuva Mitra is appointed as a Resource Support Organization by NABARD for the development of Farmer Producers Organizations (FPOs) in Maharashtra state. We are dedicated to building institutions that empower farmers, including Water User Associations (WUAs), FPC/FPOs, Farmers’ clubs, and Joint Liability groups.
At Yuva Mitra, our commitment to rural development is unwavering, and we continue to make a meaningful impact on the lives of countless individuals and communities. Together, we strive for a brighter and more prosperous future for all.