PROJECT FUNDED BY: APRAAVA
PROJECT DURATION: 2019-22
LOCATION: SAKRI, DHULE
The Dhule district, nestled at the foothills of the Satpuda mountain range, boasts rivers like Tapi, Panzara, Kan, Arunavati, Amravati, and Aner that fulfill its water needs. However, the region faces challenges such as water scarcity, hot and dry weather, and a dependency on agriculture for livelihoods. This landscape prompted Yuva Mitra to launch the Village Integrated Development Program (IVDP) in select villages of Sakri taluka. Our holistic approach addresses critical issues, including education, water resources, livelihoods, women’s empowerment, hygiene, and sanitation.
- Water Security: Ensure water security for both agriculture and domestic use.
- Groundwater Table: Raise the groundwater table in five villages.
- Optimum Water Use: Promote effective water use technologies to maximize irrigation resources.
- Agricultural Productivity: Increase farm productivity by 25% through Good Agricultural Practices.
- Knowledge Dissemination: Provide exposure to farming communities to bridge knowledge gaps.
- Education: Reduce school dropout rates by building interest and improving infrastructure.
- Learning Environment: Create an enabling learning environment in schools and Anganwadis.
The IVDP commenced in November 2019, with strategic interventions in five villages: Bhamer, Perejpur, Saltek, Jayeshree Society, and Jagatpur.
Key initiatives include:
- Educational Infrastructure Enhancement: Significant improvements in school and Anganwadi infrastructure.
- Water Resource Management: Water budgeting and perspective planning to enhance water availability.
- Farmer Empowerment: Exposure visits and training to improve agricultural practices.
- Women Empowerment: Empowering women through knowledge dissemination and entrepreneurship.
- Strengthening Drinking Water Resources: Fortifying over 4000 drinking water resources.
- Endemic Crop Livelihood: Promoting sustainable livelihoods through Nagli Papad production.
- 35% increase in annual income for the targeted population.
- Soil moisture level increased by over 15%.
- Enhanced water storage capacity of more than 3,80,00,000 liters.
- Support for 25 self-help groups through training.
- 20% boost in farm productivity via multi-modal interventions.
- Over 6000 unique beneficiaries benefited from the project.
- Water Resource Development
- Agricultural Development
- Hygiene and Sanitation
- Women Empowerment
- School Infrastructure
- Village Institution Strengthening
Our Village Integrated Development Program is a testament to our commitment to uplifting communities in Dhule District. By addressing critical challenges and fostering sustainable livelihoods, we aim to create lasting positive change. Join us on this transformative journey to empower and uplift local communities.